Who am I?
I’m the founder of MARE.io and the builder of interesting solutions to interesting problems. I’m the former President of Urban Cultivator, an indoor hydroponics startup based in Surrey, BC. I’ve consulted for businesses on how to generate more leads and sales (and I’ve written about this too), and I’ve been developing things for the web since 2003.
I’ve always been fascinated with building things to solve problems, and when there’s data involved it’s even more exciting. You can see some of the things I’ve made here.
Quick fire info:
- Lives in Vancouver
- Awarded BC Business 30 under 30 in 2015
- Started coding in 2001 (started with basic RPG games)
- Knows how to distill Brandy, Gin, Grappa
- Bakes a mean sourdough bread
- Favorite Wines:
- BC Sauv Blanc
- Seconds for the perfect espresso pull: 27
- Favorite Cigar: Hoyo De Monterrey
- Favorite thing to cook: Beef wellington
- Favorite thing to eat: Croissants and coffee
- Dinner tables built: 2
- Favorite business book: The hard things about hard things, Ben Horowitz