Collecting feedback from your website visitors can be an incredible asset to your blog or business website.
It allows you to find out what your ACTUAL visitors are thinking, instead of waiting for them to send you emails – or worse, just guessing.
There are a number of tools available that allow you to collect user feedback.
Two of the premium ones are:
I have used both of these tools in the past, and they are incredibly helpful. They cost between $20 and $100 per month for the service.
However, I wanted a popup survey tool that integrated into WordPress directly, and saved my data on my own website. After all, if I ever left one of these premium services, I would lose any data that was stored on their servers.
This lead me to create a new WordPress Survey plugin called Popup Surveys and Polls.
It’s simple. It works. And it keeps all of your survey results data on your own server.
And best of all, it’s free.
Check it out here:
Currently, you can create 3 kinds of survey questions:
- Multiple choice surveys (with an unlimited number of choices)
- Net promoter score
- Text response
And so far, I’ve built these additional features into the plugin:
- Create an unlimited amount of surveys
- Run multiple surveys at the same time (only one will be displayed to a user at once)
- Control the delay before displaying a survey
- Display your survey on the left or the right side of your website
- Customize the thank you message of your survey
More to come, and if you like the plugin, please give me a review over at wordpress.org. Every little bit helps.