If you want to be a business owner or even a manager, there is no excuse for you to not know the ins and outs of your business.
So many times I’ve dealt with business leaders who are shaky on the inner workings of even the people directly beneath them.
As an entrepreneur here are just a few things that you should know off the top of your head:
- Your company size (you’d be surprised how many people I’ve worked with that just guess at how many employees they have)
- Your financial goals for this quarter and this year
- Exactly how much in sales you did in the last 4 quarters
- What a customer is worth to you (Life time value)
- What a customer costs you (cost of acquisition)
- Approximately how many customers you have
- Your most popular product or service
If you don’t know at least these things like the back of your hand, it’s time to reacquaint yourself with your business.
I mean, are you even serious about your company?
Know your shit, or look like a clown.